Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
The End of Your Life Book Club - Will Schwalbe This non-fiction book chronicles the last days of a mother who is dying of pancreatic cancer.

I enjoyed reading about the different books that the mother and son read during the mother's last days. I was very impressed that they managed to read so many books in such a short amount of time. I also enjoyed some of the mother's comments on the books and life in general. She seemed like a very intelligent person.

Despite the somber topic, however, this is one of the most matter-of-fact books I've ever read. I might have been reading a how-to book for all of the emotion it inspired in me. Part of this was due to the mother who was so saintly that I couldn't relate to her at all. There was also a lot of annoying name-dropping by the author.