Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality - Donald Miller The altar call at the end of the book kind of summed up why I didn't care for it. Although the author had many, wonderful insights into Christianity, I felt I was being sold a bill of goods throughout. I would have preferred a series of open-ended discussions. So many times, the author came close to broadening his mind and accepting spirituality in all its guises, but in the end, he became too afraid.

Also, I occasionally grew annoyed with the author's voice. He reminded me of a Christian Woody Allen - too neurotic and fearful to be much of a religious guru.

I will say, however, that the writing was very beautiful, and the insights - when they did happen - were quite profound. I didn't care for the book; however, I will continue to think about it for a while.