Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs Book four in the Mercedes Thompson series finds our shifter, Mercy, at the mercy of an angry seethe of vampires.

This book was a huge improvement from #3. Because Briggs refocused on the were/vamp communities, I was hooked on the plot (I'm as keen on the fae). I also have enjoyed Stefan's character, so it was nice to have a book that centered more on him. And after the bad taste in my mouth from book #3, I was finally able to forgive Adam and move on.

One thing that I don't like as well about Brigg's books, however, is that they can become very chatty. Characters spend a lot of time speculating over one or another scenario, or they converse in great length about things. Many times, I'd rather watch the drama unfold. Briggs also has a remarkably complex overarching plot that crosses over her books, and because I didn't read them back-to-back, I can get confused.

However, there is a great deal that I enjoy about her series. The characters are wonderful, the action (when it does get started) is very good, and the mystery is always intriguing.