Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Rachel's Holiday - Marian Keyes Rachel Walsh's family sends her to what she believes is an exclusive rehabilitation center, but it doesn't turn out to be the vacation she'd dreamed about.

I think the most difficult thing about this book was the fact that I didn't care about any of the characters. Rachel, the drug-addicted twenty-something, was a mess. I pitied her, but I didn't care about her. Neither did I bond with any of the other patients in the treatment center. As much as Rachel claimed that her boyfriend Luke, was an amazing guy, he seemed very cold emotionally as well as sexually demanding. Her bff, possibly the only likeable person in the book, showed up rarely. The nun who was in charge of Rachel's rehabilitation was a bully. Because I couldn't get close to the characters, reading this was like watching a train wreck.

What I did like was the portrayal of Rachel's struggle to come clean. I also liked how she tackled her denial.

Overall, it was kind of meh.