Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Blameless - Gail Carriger Well, the ever-practical Alexia is back at it again in this third book in the Parasol Protectorate series. Book three picks up immediately where number two left of, and even though it ends with a lot of cliffhangers, the most important question that had been plaguing me was answered.

To me, this book moved much more quickly than the previous one, yet I followed the plot more easily. My favorite character, Lord Akeldama, was not in the book very much; however, I expect he and his prized drone Biffy will play a major part in book number four. I also liked the way that Alexia grew to make peace with her situation. The inscrutable Floote was, as always, hilarious. I love how the author hinted at his mysterious past.

Blameless is actually quite a dark book. Some of themes are quite horrific (such as a 'breeding program' for immortals). However, Carriger's quirky humor goes a long ways to light up those scary places.

I'm definitely eager to begin the fourth book.