Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
The Wife Of Reilly - Jennifer Coburn I rarely give up on books, but this one had me beat after only 7% in. It wasn't only that I didn't like the main character. In fact, I kind of liked that I hated the woman because I wanted to see what the author would do to redeem such a horrible person. No, what turned me off were the flashbacks embedded in flashbacks and the complete improbability of the story (the woman returns to U of M football game twelve years after she graduated and, out of a crowd of tens of thousands of people, just happens to be sitting two rows over from the man she once dated in college?) The anti-parenting diatribe at the beginning pushed me over the edge.

I wanted to like this book because I thought the premise and cover was cute. Also, I love reading books about my home state. Unfortunately, I just couldn't do it.