Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward Another book about the vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and this time it's Rhage's story that comes to the forefront.

Like book one in the BDB series, Lover Eternal is a romantic thrill-ride involving the vampire warriors, their enemies the 'lessers', and the humans who surround them. J. R. Ward does a terrific job of writing a suspenseful page-turner with multiple points of view that keep the reader engaged with all of the characters. I especially enjoyed the romance in this book because I found it to be the perfect blend of alpha-male and independent female, something that a lot of alpha books are lacking imho.

What I didn't care for was that, although this was Rhage's story, so little of his previous life was explored. Instead of delving into his interesting past, his entire history was given about two paragraphs near the end of the book which was very disappointing. Also, the romance was good, but it was given way too much space since a lot of the romance was a repetitious "does she/he love me? do I love him/her?" The back and forth got old. Also, there were a few too many loose ends for me. I like things a little more wrapped up at the end of a book.

Overall, however, this was another terrific BDB book, and I will definitely keep reading the series.