Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Iron Kissed - Patricia Briggs Mercedes Thompson, the shape-shifting auto mechanic from Washington state, is once again up to her neck in trouble. This time, she's being called on to prove that her friend and mentor, Zee, did not murder a human.

I'm not sure why, but this third book in the Mercy Thompson series did not hook me like the first two. Although the romance was more intriguing this time around, I didn't find the plot itself compelling. The previous two books were more action-packed, whereas this one was kind of talky. I also wasn't as interested in the characters as I had been in the previous two. And when the 'who done it' was revealed, I didn't think the clues had pointed in the right direction. To me, the whole book felt forced.

Maybe it was the absence of vampires that made this book blah for me. I missed Stephen and the other vamps. Also, it focused much more on the politics of the were pack; something I'm not as interested in.

I haven't given up on Mercedes yet, but I hope book four is more interesting.