Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Blood Bound - Patricia Briggs Once again, Mercedes Thompson (the heroine of Blood Bound) finds herself caught between the weres and the vamps. This time, her troubles begin with a late-night phone call from a vampire asking for her help. When she agrees to assist, him, Mercy puts herself directly in the path of a being so powerful that even the vampires and werewolves may not be a match for him.

This is the second novel in the Mercedes Thompson series, and I enjoyed it even more than I did the first one. The book is tense right from the start, and action-packed to the last page. Briggs is always amazing at world-building; the weres and vamps have a social order so intricate that, at times, the entire alternate world seems real. The downside is that the book can become bogged down with too much detail. At times, it is overly talking with the dialogue dominating the action. Overall, however, this is a wonderful read. I'll certainly be continuing on with the series.