Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
The Miracles of Prato: A Novel - Laurie Lico Albanese, Laura Morowitz Laurie Albanese's historical romance, The Miracles of Prato is a heartbreaking look at the fate of a young woman in Renaissance Italty who after being forced into a nunnery, falls in love with a monk, namely, the famous Italian painter, Fra Filippo Lippi.

As historical novels go, this is one of the best I've read. Not only does the book seem to be thoroughly researched, it also captures the mentality of the times. The treatment of women, the role of the Catholic church, and the infighting among Italy's powerful families are all well portrayed in this novel.

I also liked the fact that although there were many ruthless and cruel characters, there were also many kind ones as well. As most people realize, the church is populated with both sinners and saints, and in Miracles, there were power-hungry monks and nuns as well as genuinely loving ones.

The Miracles of Prato is a fast-paced, intriguing drama containing a beautiful romance.