Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Soulless  - Gail Carriger In this Victorian-era steampunk novel, the strong-minded Miss Alexia Tarabotti successfully defends herself from an ill-bred vampire only to find out that she's in worse danger once the blood-sucking demon has been vanquished. To make matters worse, Miss Tarabotti must depend on the assistance of the abrasive Lord Conall Maccon, a Scottish Alpha werewolf, to help get her out of harm's way. But it soon becomes clear that Miss Tarabotti and Lord Maccon aren't so ill-matched after all.

"Soulless" offers a lighthearted alternative to the gloomy, brooding characters in such angst-ridden urban fantasy novels as "Twilight". Although "Soulless" can be very silly at times, it pokes fun at its own goofiness which adds to the humor. Additionally, the steampunk elements are creative and interesting, the characters are charming, and the love story is a great deal of fun.

"Soulless" is a quick read, full of cheerful good will. It's a terrific book for people who have had their fill of overly dramatic vampires.