Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Witches Anonymous - Misty Evans I was looking forward to a light, enjoyable read, but not this light! I felt a little cheated since I was looking for a novel, and what I ended up with was a short story.

The plot is cute, the characters are fun, and the style is terrific, but there is so much missing backstory that the reader is left scratching her head since very little is explained. I felt as if I was dropped into the middle of an ongoing drama, yet this is the very first book in the series. Also, the plot moves so quickly that, at the end, I was left wondering, "What just happened?" The whole thing was over before it ever got started.

I enjoyed the author's style, and I would be willing to read other books written by her provided that they were novel-length works of fiction without so many holes.