Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
The Little Giant of Aberdeen County - Tiffany Baker Truly Plaice is a girl of massive proportions and even greater heartache. Suffering through childhood bullying, the deaths of her parents, and rejection by her perfect sister, Truly tries to make her way in a world that has no room for her.
The beginning of this book is terrific, promising intrigue, dark-hearted characters, magic and suspense. The language is wonderful. The author clearly can weave words together to form beautiful pictures.
But the book just doesn't live up to it's impressive beginning. There are significant point of view errors, and the story is never as interesting as the introduction promises. The main character is neither likable or heroic, and her acts of vengeance seem inappropriate.
It's sad to see such a promising book fall so short.