Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Sage: Tales from a Magical Kingdom - Maria E. Schneider The life of a fifty-five year-old Master gardener may not sound very exciting, but for Demetria, gardener and Master Magician in the Kingdom of Sage, it's anything but dull. With the Rat Kingdom threatening the western border, and the snakes of the Slithering Kingdom coming in from the south, Sage has its share of troubles. And since Demetria is the first line of her kingdom's defense, she keeps very busy.

Sage: Tales from a Magic Kingdom, is a collection of three novellas, each containing a well-plotted, magical adventure. Using only a few thousand words, the author creates a unique world peopled with interesting characters. There is a sense of adventure in every story as Demetria uses her plant magic to rescue her family as well as her kingdom. It's also a pleasant change to read about a heroine who defies stereotypes. Demetria may be grandmotherly and sweet, but she is a courageous combatant nonetheless.

This is a fun read, suitable for readers of all ages. I definitely recommend Sage: Tales from a Magical Kingdom.