Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Under the Dome - Stephen King One fine day in early October, the little New England town of Chester's Mill is suddenly encapsulated in a mysterious dome. For the next fives days, the residents struggle to survive an ever-deteriorating environment as the outside world looks helplessly on.

For the past several years, Stephen King has been offering his readers tepid versions of his earlier, far more frightening stories. The plots have been full of holes, the scares have been weak, and the books have been, well, boring.

But no more.

At 1,1000 pages, 'The Dome' can be an arduous read (the cast of characters tops out at about thirty), but it is well worth the trouble. Classic King, this novel is full of those wonderfully, horrible moments that will give nearly any reader nightmares. Or at least the heebie-jeebies.

Additionally, the book is a marvelous allegory of our time. It reflects the reality of our blame-happy society, letting us know that we all play a part in our demise.

Read this book!