Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Under Witch Curse (Moon Shadow Series #3) - Maria E. Schneider Reminiscent of Patricia Briggs or Kim Harrison, Under Witch Curse is a mystery with a supernatural twist. A strong female character, a compelling plot, and plenty of earth magic work together to create a spellbinding book.

I've always loved the "Under Witch" series, but book three is the best of the bunch. Adriel, the heroine, really comes into her own as a character. The way she struggles to come to terms with her life as a married woman and solve the mystery make her a complex character. Although the romance is downplayed in this book, there are still plenty of 'aww' moments between Adriel and Whitefeather. As always, I love the southwest setting. I also enjoy the minor characters and the interesting descriptions of magic always make these books seem so 'real'.

Under Witch Curse is another terrific urban fantasy by a very talented author. I highly recommend it and the other books in the series.