Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland, #1) - Mainak Dhar Alice, a young girl living in post-apocalyptic India, chases a zombie down a shaft and winds up discovering a strange, new world order.

The biggest problem with the book (outside of the stiff, overly-narrated prose) is that it is hyped up as a post-apocalyptic version of Alice in Wonderland (kind of an Alice in Zombieland), yet there are no parallels to the original text. Yes, the main character's name is Alice and she chases a zombie with bunny ears down a shaft, but the connection ends there. Even the often-repeated suggestion that Alice is somehow a reincarnation of the character from the 'prophetic book' Alice in Wonderland doesn't save this theme. I can't for the life of me figure how any reader would consider that children's book to be a prophecy.

No, this book definitely disappointed.