Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3) - Karen Cantwell Silenced by the Yams is a face-paced whodunnit with a chick lit kick. The clever humor, twisty plot, and outrageous situations work to make this book as sweet and fluffy as a cone of cotton candy.

My problem is that I don't like cotton candy. Yes, a quick read is a good way to clear the brain between books, but because Yams is so focused on plot and humor, there is very little character development or description. As a result, I didn't have any emotional buy-in and didn't care how the story turned out. I prefer books that I can sink my teeth into.

Although the book gets five stars for humor, quirkiness, and a sound plot, I'd give it two stars for my own personal enjoyment. So I split the difference and went for four stars since this was a nice, easy read.