Urbanfae

Michelle Scott, urban fantasy author

Shutter Island
Dennis Lehane
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style)
Tim Gunn, Kate Maloney
Oaths of Blood (Ascension #2)
S.M. Reine
Satan Loves You - Grady Hendrix The Devil just don't get no respect.

For starters, he's blamed for everything from nuclear missiles to cancer, so nobody likes him. Also, his job is hard. Hell operates on a shoestring budget, and the facility is completely falling apart. Forget the smell of brimstone and the flickering light of hell fires. Those things are far too costly. In fact, things have gotten so bad that the only light in the underworld comes from charcoal-fired hibachis. Most importantly, the Ultimate Death Match between heaven and hell is coming up fast, and The Father of Lies has just fired his number-one contender. And if Hell doesn't win, the place is doomed to be outsourced.

Grady Hendrix's wickedly funny novel, Satan Loves You, is packed with absurd and irreverent humor, hilarious characters, and a delightfully twisted plot. With its lampooning of religion and the powers who rule them (not to mention us poor slobs here on earth), the book manages to be humorous without becoming crass. Comedy is difficult to write, but Hendrix does it well. The book is entertaining throughout, and the diverse threads of the plot come together in a devilishly good ending.

If you are looking for a lighthearted comedy about the Prince of Darkness, then I highly recommend this book.